Pre Intermediate (CEFR Level B1)
Our 120 hour General English pre-intermediate level consists of two 60 hour parts (Pre-Intermediate 1 and Pre-Intermediate 2) and is ideal for those who have had a previous experience of English and want to progress in the language, you may have already completed our Elementary course.
You will work with students at your level, working together with students will give you the opportunity to develop real life communication skills.
This course will allow you to:
- Understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Understand the main point of radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal or professional interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- Understand texts that consist of high frequency everyday language.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken and enter unprepared into conversation on topics that are familiar (e.g. family, hobbies, work, travel and current events).
- Connect phrases in a simple way to describe experiences and events.
- Give brief explanations for opinions and plans.
- Describe the plot of a book or film and your reactions to it.
- Write simple connected text on familiar topics.
- Write personal letters describing experiences and impressions.